$22 – 'Tancredi,' A Story of Chivalry and Tragic Love, Reg. $39
Why we love it
“A once-in-a-generation opera singer” Stephanie Blythe makes her role debut (The New York Times).
The following seating sections at the Academy of Music are available for Feb. 10, 15 and 17:
- Amphitheatre Center … $22-$37 (reg. $39-$69)
- Family Circle Center … $37-$62 (reg. $69-$119)
- Balcony Circle … $22-$62 (reg. $39-$119)
- Balcony Box/Balcony Loge … $62-$122 (reg. $119-$239)
- Parquet Circle … $47-$62 (reg. $89-$119)
- Parquet Box … $122 (reg. $239)
- Parquet … $62-$92 (reg. $119-$179)
Note: The $22 tickets can be found by hovering over available seats in the Amphitheatre Center and Balcony Circle sections.
The opera features renowned mezzo-soprano Stephanie Blythe, “who can sing anything,” in the lead role (The New York Times). This medieval story of chivalry and tragic love is set in post-World War I Europe. Rossini's evocative music brings to life the love between the exiled soldier Tancredi and the beautiful Amenaide. When the innocent Amenaide is sentenced to death for treason, Tancredi conceals his identity to defend his love and home.
Please note, the opera will be performed in Italian with English supertitles.
HOW TO BOOK:
- Click "Tickets," then click "Buy Tickets."
- Select one of the following performance date in the drop-down: Feb. 10, 15 or 17.
- Choose your section and seats and selec the Travelzoo offer. Click "Add to Cart."
- Review your order and click "Proceed to Checkout."
- Log in or create an account. Follow prompts to complete transaction.
The fine print
About Opera Philadelphia
Philadelphia, PA, 19102, US Get Directions